Hi, this is Mike, welcome to my Juicer Reviews site! I love juicing, and I love what a good juicer can do for my health. If you are interested to know more about juicing and how to pick the best juicer to buy for making healthy juice at home, you have come to the right place!
It pays to think about what you would like your juicer to do before you buy one, so here I’ve put in information that might be useful for you to choose the right juicer for yourself. I took the info from my own experience while shopping for a good juicer for juicing.
How to Choose the Best Juicer to Buy
I think there is no single perfect juicer on the market for everyone, since everyone has different needs for a juicer. Some people like to drink only citrus fruit juice, some like to juice vegetables, and some like it all-in-one! That’s why you should think twice before buying the great juicer that someone else is raving about.
And there’s a big difference in the price too. How much are you willing to pay for the right juicer that fits your needs? We got our Breville juicer for a little less than $300, and it certainly gave us more than its worth!
Anyway, first you have to choose the type of juicer you want:
1. Citrus juicer – A cheap and basic juicer that juices citrus fruits only. ($20 – $100)
2. Centrifugal juicer – The most common juicer around that juices most kinds of fruits and non-leafy vegetables. Very affordable at $50 – $200.
3. Masticating juicer – Single gear masticating juicer; juices most kinds of fruits and vegetables. Can also make mushy foods. ($100 – $350)
4. Triturating juicer – Twin gear triturating juicer; juices all kinds of fruits and vegetables, keeping more of the enzymes in the juice undamaged. Some of them can juice wheatgrass too. ($250 – $950)
5. Wheatgrass juicer – Usually juices wheat grass only, but some newer models can juice fruits as well. ($200 – $800)
I did get a bit confused with all the types earlier, and I spent a long time finding out the difference among them. Well, I’ve compiled the information here for you: Types of Juicers. Or you can click the links above to see the best type of juicer for you, where you can also find my juicer ratings for each type. OR, if you just want to get what everyone else does, check out my post on the Top 5 Best Selling Juicers of 2015.
Juicer Reviews – Our Top Picks
I’ve checked out a lot of juicers and picked out some best rated juicers for you so that you can save some research time, and I’ve categorized these top rated juicers as below. In these reviews, I’ve detailed what I like best and least about these juicers, and why I think they are the best in their category and why they might be the right juicer for you.
- Best Citrus Juicer – For those on a budget and only drinks citrus fruit juice, definitely our top pick for the juicer with best value.
- Best Manual Citrus Juicer - Get delicious OJ and workout your arm at the same time.
- Best Centrifugal Juicer – Juices fast and easy to clean. My personal favorite and highly recommended!
- Best Budget Centrifugal Juicer – Powerful juicer at an affordable price.
- Most Efficient Centrifugal Juicer – Very powerful juicer that doesn’t waste any bit of the fruits.
- Big Mouth Centrifugal Juicer – Wide feed chute juicer for those who need extra capacity
- Best Masticating Juicer – Your best vegetable juicer, juices wheat grass, vegetables and fruits at a relatively affordable price. Retains the nutrients in your juice!
Twin Gear Juicer
- Best Twin Gear Juicer – Keeps your juice fresh up to 72 hours with technology.
- Best Wheatgrass Juicer – Manual but simply the best juice extractor for wheat grass.
You can read more reviews of juicers at my blog.
What Can I Expect From a Good Juicer?
After you decide the type of juicer you need, I know it’s terribly difficult to decide which are good juicers to buy among almost similar models so I’ll drop a few hints here for you.
- How to Choose the Best Citrus Juicer
- How to Choose the Best Centrifugal Juicer
- How to Choose the Best Vegetable Juicer
- How to Choose the Best Wheatgrass Juicer
Some Other Stuff about Juicers
Let me tell you again that I love juicing because fresh juice has given me many benefits! All the time spent figuring out how to get the most out of fresh juice has also left me with a lot of information and fun stuff that I would like to share with you. Here are some topics that you may find interesting, for a start:
Juicers – Top Picks
- Breville Juice Fountain Elite 800 JEXL
- Omega 8005 Juicer
- Breville BJE200XL Juice Fountain Compact
- Black & Decker CJ525 CitrusMate Plus Citrus Juicer
- Acme Supreme Juicerator 5001
- Hurricane Stainless Steel Manual Wheatgrass Juicer
- Breville JE98XL Juice Fountain Plus
Top Juicer Brands
Well, let me say that the difference between having a so-so juicer and the best juicer machine is that you will love to go back to your best juicer again and again everyday to get delicious and healthy fruit juice! Isn’t that a much better habit than drinking a lot of tea or coffee?
- smoothie recipes
- vegetable juicer recipes
- fruit juicer recipes
- juicer recipes weight loss
- juicer recipes health
- juicer recipes detox
- juice fasting
- and many more
I will try to make some time to write and share more about my juicer machine recipes that I collected throughout the years. But in the mean time, why not check out Tracee Sloan’s juicer recipes