Hi, this is Mike, welcome to my Juicer Reviews site! I love juicing, and I love what a good juicer can do for my health. If you are interested to know more about juicing and how to pick the best juicer to buy for making healthy juice at home, you have come to the right place!!
It pays to think about what you would like your juicer to do before you buy one, so here I’ve put in information that might be useful for you to choose the right juicer for yourself. I took the info from my own experience while shopping for the perfect juicer to buy.
How to Choose the Right Juicer
I think there is no single best juicer on the market for everyone, since everyone has different needs for a juicer. Some people like to drink only citrus fruit juice, some like to juice vegetables, and some like it all-in-one! That’s why you should think twice before buying that “best juicer” that someone else is raving about.
And there’s a big difference in the price too. How much are you willing to pay for a decent juicer that fits your needs? We got our Breville juicer for a little less than $300, and it certainly gave us more than its worth!
Anyway, first you have to choose the type of juicer you want:
1. Citrus juicer – A cheap and basic juicer that juices citrus fruits only. ($20 – $100)
2. Centrifugal juicer – The most common juicer around that juices most kinds of fruits and non-leafy vegetables. Very affordable at $50 – $200.
3. Masticating juicer – Single gear masticating juicer; juices most kinds of fruits and vegetables. Can also make mushy foods. ($100 – $350)
4. Triturating juicer – Twin gear triturating juicer; juices all kinds of fruits and vegetables, keeping more of the enzymes in the juice undamaged. Some of them can juice wheatgrass too. ($250 – $950)
5. Wheatgrass juicer – Usually juices wheatgrass only, but some newer models can juice fruits as well. ($200 – $800)
I did get a bit confused with all the types earlier, and I spent a long time finding out the difference among them. Well, I’ve compiled the information here for you: Types of Juicers. Or you can click the links above to see the best type of juicer for you, where you can also find my recommended reviews for each type. OR, if you just want to get what everyone else does, check out my post on the Top 5 Best Selling Juicers of 2014.
Juicer Reviews – Our Top Picks
I’ve checked out a lot of juicers and picked out some best rated juicers for you so that you can save some research time, and I’ve categorized these top juicers as below. In these reviews, I’ve detailed what I like best and least about these juicers, and why I think they are the best in their category and why they might be the right juicer for you.
- Best Overall Juicer – Juices fast and easy to clean. My personal favorite and the best juicer to buy!
- Best Budget Juicer – Powerful juicer at an affordable price.
- Most Versatile Juicer – Very versatile juicer, can juice wheatgrass, vegetables, fruits and other with relatively affordable price.
- Most Efficient Juicer – Very powerful juicer that doesn’t waste any bit of the fruits.
- Best Vegetable Juicer – Juices all kinds of vegetables and fruits, while retaining the nutrients in your juice!
- Best Wheatgrass Juicer – Manual but simply the best for wheatgrass.
- Best Citrus Juicer – For those on a budget and only drinks citrus fruit juice, definitely our top pick for the best juicer for money
- Big Mouth Juicer – Wide feed chute juicer for those who need extra capacity
You can read more reviews of juicers at my blog.
What Can I Expect From A Good Juicer?
After you decide the type of juicer you need, I know it’s terribly difficult to decide which is the right juicer for you among almost similar models so I’ll drop a few hints here for you.
- How to Choose the Best Citrus Juicer
- How to Choose the Best Centrifugal Juicer
- How to Choose the Best Vegetable Juicer
- How to Choose the Best Wheatgrass Juicer
Some Other Stuff about Juicers
Let me tell you again that I love juicing because fresh juice has given me many benefits! All the time spent figuring out how to get the most out of fresh juice has also left me with a lot of information and fun stuff that I would like to share with you. Here are some topics that you may find interesting, for a start:
Best Juicers – Top Picks
- Breville Juice Fountain Elite 800 JEXL
- Omega 8005 Juicer
- Breville BJE200XL Juice Fountain Compact
- Black & Decker CJ525 CitrusMate Plus Citrus Juicer
- Acme Supreme Juicerator 5001
- Hurricane Stainless Steel Manual Wheatgrass Juicer
- Breville JE98XL Juice Fountain Plus
Well, let me say that the difference between having a so-so juicer and a good juicer is that you will love to go back to your good juicer again and again everyday to get delicious and healthy fruit juice! Isn’t that a much better habit than drinking a lot of tea or coffee?
- smoothie recipes
- vegetable juicer recipes
- fruit juicer recipes
- juicer recipes weight loss
- juicer recipes health
- juicer recipes detox
- juice fasting
- and many more
I will try to make some time to write and share more about my juicer machine recipes that I collected throughout the years. But in the mean time, why not check out Tracee Sloan’s juicer recipes